This article was written by:
For the first purchase of Bitcoin & Ethereum, we will go through a very secure buying/selling platform Coinbase. It will take you about 30-60 minutes to create and validate the account. Once it is validated, it will take a minute to buy bitcoins by credit card. It will also be possible to buy Ether (Ethereum), Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin which are 2 promising crypto-currencies.
Positive sides of coinbase
- The security of your bitcoins on a site that has a proven track record
- This site is both a place to both purchase, sell and a "wallet" / address Bitcoin (this is not a trading site.So its use is suitable for beginners.)
- Coinbase also offers a Smartphone appl (Android / iOs) for your wallet.
- You can also buy Ethereum as well as other cryptocurrencies without first having to buy bitcoin.
Negative Sides of coinbase
- The registration is long and requires taking good quality photos (This is the KYC policy or "Know the consumer" in return, it is a guarantee of safety for them and for you)
- Not anonymous
how to create a coinbase account and Buy Bitcoin
- Go to the Invitation only Coinbase sign up page. and fill out the form. Use your real information
- The site checks that your email address is valid. Please check your inbox and click on the validation link
- Validate your identity: This is where things get serious. You must prove our identity. Indeed, the account will hold money or bitcoins. As a result, for you own safety your identity must be verified.
- Confirm your phone number.
- To validate your legal identity, choose: passport, driving license or identity card. The site uses your webcam to take a photo of a piece of identification. Make sure documents are readable. The verification is done by bots that scan the documents. It takes a few seconds
- In case of failure, the site will also offer a check via phone because the camera is often have a goof enough quality. While verifying using your Phone's camera, leave the site page open.
- Now that your identity is verified you will have to add a payment method. On the website Settings> Payment methods> Add a payment method:Optional SEPA (bank transfer) or credit card. The fastest being by credit card.
- Create a Bitcoin address: Go to Tools> Create a new address. Give your Bitcoin address a unique name (example: main address)
- Buy bitcoins:
- Go to Buy / Sell
- Enter a value in USD/euro or bitcoin
- Click on the blue button.
- The purchase is done
What to do next?
After learning how to create a coinbase account and joining CoinBase now register on other trading sites to trade with crypto-currencies less known but with great potential
(nb: You do not always need to verify your identity;))